Wednesday, March 15, 2017

THE BOOKS OF OG, ENOCH, AND THE GIANTS





THE BOOKS OF OG, ENOCH AND THE GIANTS HAS BEEN PUBLISHED.

I must say that this publishing deal has really taken it out of my friend Father Martin.

The translation of THE LOST BOOK OF KING OG has driven him very close to madness as far as I can tell. His new philosophy of the "sanctuary of fear" grates on my nerves. His paranoia is limitless. Our conversations are constantly interrupted by his paroxysms of fright in one way or another. The man is a bundle of wrong nervous energy.

THE LOST BOOK OF KING OG and a possibly supernatural experience outside of his translation duties have driven him to this point. He gets into it a little in his website. I took his key essay, "Satan's Work is Done" and I have added it as an Afterword to the verses of King Og. I felt it was necessary, because in all truth, the book opened an avenue which in turn attempted to break Father Martin's spirit. I could go on, and this whole paragraph is really an aside. I suppose the truth is that once Father Martin and I were very close. Now I see him drifting away, into an odd, fear-based insanity.

What has happened though, is that Father Martin and I were able to communicate solidly enough to get THE BOOKS OF OG, ENOCH AND THE GIANTS to press.

Father Martin argued for this specific volume, and he specifically asked that the first 36 chapters of THE BOOK OF ENOCH and that the Manichean BOOK OF THE GIANTS be included.

I argued that the BOOK OF JASHER should be included. Father Martin scoffed, informing me that the 5 versions that are available aren't the genuine text that is referenced in the Bible. Father Martin made it clear that he wanted only real documents in this tome.

As I questioned the presentation of the first 36 chapters of the BOOK OF ENOCH, he silenced me by summoning the logic of the HOLY SPIRIT. Father Martin believes that the BOOK OF ENOCH is inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT. He believes this because in the Book of JUDE, two of the 25 verses are dedicated to THE BOOK OF ENOCH.

Father Martin and I argued for days about this point. I am of the position that if the HOLY SPIRIT inspired anything, it was probably only what JUDE transcribed in his short epistle. FATHER MARTIN feels that the verses in JUDE are in place to illuminate what the BOOK OF ENOCH had to say. Father Martin also makes a compelling argument that this is why the Manichean BOOK OF GIANTS is also included in this volume. The BOOK OF GIANTS features the very same Enoch, by the way.

Now I am no Jesuit priest, like my struggling translator friend. I have let Father Martin have his way with the production, and in the end, the book is great. In fact, I feel it is one of the most important religious books released in this young century.

THE LOST BOOK OF KING OG is available here.

THE BOOKS OF OG, ENOCH AND THE GIANTS is available here.

The notes on the assembly of THE LOST BOOK OF KING OG are here.

FATHER MARTIN writes his musings here (there isn't much, because of his travel schedule and basic fear of computers).

I plan on releasing my werewolf novel THE GONTEEKWA sometime in July. You can find sample chapters here.

In darkness,

-DEMMON

No comments: